Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Google Earth

Today I learned alot of cool features of Google earth. I learned that all .kmz files are google earth files and are great for giving tours of landmarks you might be studying (i.e. Revolutionary War) or look at locations for historical books or historical fiction. Due to the funding problem for fieldtrips, I think this is a great opportunity to virtually take students to places only seen in imagination.

I liked this site for the 5th grade curriculum about the Revolutionary War sites @
http://crssa.rutgers.edu/projects/special/revwar/gallery/google_earth/revwarnj_alldata__advgeo2007.kmz

3 comments:

Cami said...

Hey you. It's Cami, your long lost friend. How's it goin'? We are going to Cali for Thanksgiving and I think we should all get together while we are there. You can see my family at paulandcami.blogspot.com.

Heather said...

Hey Dev!
I talked to your mom at sean,s sealing yesturday man that woman is a riot, coolest lady in the world. I think she's the only mother I have ever heard say he is "whopped" and have it be in a positive light. (We were talking about Markie and Heather) Anyway, I hope your doing well come visit us when you come home, I'm getting nice a large! Are you coming home for Thanksgiving or Christmas? Tell Brie I said good luck on the inducing! Love ya Man!

*Katie* said...

Hey! Don't know if you remember me, it's Katie. blogging is such a small world, it's nice to see you are doing well. My blog is ryanandkatienielsen.blogspot.com